When it come to Swimming Pool Prices, People Ask...
How Much Does a New Pool Cost?
Surely the top question for any homeowner thinking about getting a new swimming pool is "How much does a new pool cost?" If you've done any research online, you probably found it surprisingly difficult to find any sort of price list. Why don't pool builders publish their prices? And why can't you get a price quote over the phone?
Don't worry - It's not a conspiracy. You just have to keep in mind that there are a number of "BACKYARD VARIABLES" that can affect the location, size and final cost of your pool. This includes such items as:
- The slope of the yard
- Any obstacles in the way, such as trees, fences, boulders (both aboveground and underground), old buildings, septic field, etc.
- Existing utility lines (electricity, water, gas, sewer, etc.)
- Existing easements and other municipal and regulatory restrictions
- Drainage issues/requirements
- And a number of other factors and variables too numerous to mention here.
The truth is that the EXACT SAME POOL in two different yards can easily vary in price by $25K or more, simply because of these Backyard Variables. And only a true pool professional can identify those for you, AFTER they look at your yard.
That's why it's much smarter to schedule a one-on-one meeting with an expert.
Here are some of the more popular options that can have a big impact on price:
- In Floor cleaning
- Plaster vs. Aggregate
- Automatic Cover
- Riverflow/Swim-In-Place system
- Waterfalls and other Water Features
- Vanishing Edge or Perimeter Overflow
- Raised walls, tanning ledges, and other special features
- Shade Structures
- Fireplaces, Fire Pits, or other Fire Features
- Size of deck, and deck material choice
- Outdoor kitchens, living areas, wet bars, etc.
This list may include some items and options that you've never heard of. Once again, that's why it's difficult to come up with a realistic price estimate without meeting face-to-face with a professional designer.
For a REALISTIC price quote, please give us a call for a no obligation consultation.